Summer 2022 Updated Protocols
Beginning, Monday, April 4, 2022, Arlington Cat Clinic is pleased to welcome our clients back into our clinic! Please see our updated policies and procedures below.
Please note: We ask that you bring a mask to wear, as some doctors may require masks in our exam rooms, where space is limited for distancing.
If you are unable to wear a mask, we are happy to change your appointment to a curbside appointment.
- Bring a mask
- We will continue to offer curbside service for your cat’s examination, for those who prefer not to come into our clinic and for those unable to wear a mask in the exam room.
- Masks are not required in the lobby or waiting room areas.
- One client may accompany the patient into the hospital for examination appointments.
- End of Life care patients may be accompanied by two people.
- For now, technician appointments, and food and medication pickup will continue to be curbside only.
- If your cat is scheduled for an examination, you must complete the pre-examination form, located on our website in the Clinic Forms Tab of our home page.
Please complete this form at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle and call 847-398-3355 to check in with our front desk staff. At that time, please specify your choice of an in-person or curbside appointment.
- Be prepared to provide your cell phone number, car make and color, and your payment information.
- If you select an in-person appointment, a technician will alert you as to when to bring your cat to the front door, and will escort you into the building.
- We ask that if you are experiencing any signs of illness, you kindly reschedule your appointment.
- Make certain your cat is in a carrier for its appointment.
- On hot days, please remember to keep your car cool for you and your cat while waiting for your appointment.
- If your call goes to our voicemail box, please call again.
PLEASE DO NOT leave a message, as you will get faster service by talking directly with us